Movavi Video Converter Review
Handling videos that come in multiple different formats can be difficult, and even if you’re generally able to play most videos on your PC from time to time you may encounter some formats that are completely incompatible. With other devices (particularly mobile ones) that may happen much more often, which is why knowing how to convert your videos from one format to another can help tremendously.
The main hurdle with video conversion tends to be the fact that most people simply don’t know much about video formats. Although many people may recognize some of the more common formats such as AVI, MP4, or MPEG, they would be hard pressed to identify which format is best for a particular device, or what formats are compatible or incompatible. Rather than forcing you to learn all about video formats and settings, the Movavi Video Converter provides a nice way around that.
When you convert videos with the Movavi Video Converter, you won’t need to actually select a format (though you can, if you want to). Instead, it comes equipped with hundreds of presets that cater to all sorts of devices and platforms – including mobile devices and popular online platforms such as YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo. Using these presets, you can simply select the device or platform that you intend to use the video on, and the software will automatically convert it using the optimal format and settings.
Needless to say this will pretty much eliminate the learning curve involved in converting videos almost completely – but there’s more to the Movavi Video Converter than just a file format converter. It also comes with several other features that are going to come in handy in various situations, such as:
- Converting audio and image files from one format to another.
- Extracting the audio track from any video (or segment of video).
- Creating animated GIFs out of video clips.
- Grabbing screenshots directly from video frames.
- Cutting and combining video segments to remove unwanted footage or merge video clips together.
- Enhancing the video quality and correcting common issues such as pixelated, interlaced or shaky segments of video.
- Adding customizable text to create captions, subtitles or watermarks.
- Cropping or rotating the video frame and orientation.
It should be self-evident that these features will provide you with a huge amount of flexibility, both in terms of what you can do with your videos as well as how you can improve them to suit your needs. Because all of the features of the Movavi Video Converter are designed to be intuitive and easy to grasp it shouldn’t take you long to get used to them and before you know it you’ll be able to handle videos a lot better than ever before.