Nod32 mobile security for android
Spain ESET, the leader in proactive protection against all kinds of Internet threats with over 25 years experience, has announced the launch of its ESET NOD32 Mobile Security app for Android, which has been completely redesigned. The new generation of the product includes improvements in the analysis, an anti-phishing module and a new user interface. ESET NOD32 Mobile Security for Android allows users of mobile phones and tablets with Android operating system have a use experience safer and improved device protection.
“The combination of interest in developing mobile malware and the popularity of Android devices have created the ideal situation for the threats to the security of these mobile devices grow significantly,” says Josep Albors, laboratory director of ESET Spain. “ESET has developed a new version of the application with interesting features that protect private data stored on the device, enhancing security when downloading dubious applications or surfing the Internet.New features of ESET NOD32 Mobile Security for Android:
* Analysis and improved antivirus protection: ESET NOD32 Mobile Security is one of the few Android products that provides advanced engine capable of detecting both known and unknown threats, including vulnerabilities related to Android Master Key. The new version improves detection performance using different analysis options (fast, intelligent, deep) and scheduled scans or background.
* New interface: specially prepared to work with tablets, with the possibility to orient in landscape or portrait, touch and adapted in view mode.
* Home Burglar and Wizard.
* Filter calls and SMS: you can block calls or SMS at certain times.
* Security Audit: controls the permissions of applications, such as locations manager, access to contacts and app purchases. Also close any security hole.
* Anti-phishing module improved and USSD control functions including: protection against phishing and web-based attacks, whether from SMS, QR codes or links.
Free and Premium Features:
After installing the application, the user has an unlimited period of free features. You can upgrade to the full version of ESET NOD32 Mobile Security for Android from the application itself to have complete protection against digital threats and the real world.
“One of our goals when we redesigned ESET NOD32 Mobile Security for Android was that the application should be as simple as possible for our users,” says Ignacio Sbampato, director of sales and marketing at ESET. “Our new interface and installation wizards have developed simple and powerful way that can be configured without the need for a multitude of interactions or consume lots of resources.”
ESET NOD32 Mobile Security for Android is available both from the web and from Google ESET Play, the store’s most popular mobile applications market. According to Gartner, the Android operating system had a market share of over 60% in 2012 *. Due to its popularity, it has become a very attractive target for cybercriminals. In 2012, Android malware increased by 17% according to a report on threats ESET Mobile. ESET NOD32 Mobile Security for Android protects users from the most dangerous threats, including eg Android / TrojanSMS.Boxer.AA.
ESET NOD32 Mobile Security for Android is designed to maximize the safety of mobile users who use their devices in insecure environments. Thanks to the advanced protection of ESET, mobile users with Android operating system may feel more secure when surfing the Internet, either by connecting to public Wi-Fi networks when they visit suspicious sites, typing on malicious links or even applications are downloaded from Unofficial store. In the latest study on Android antivirus products performed by AV-Test Institute, an independent research firm antivirus and security, ESET Mobile Security for Android NOD32 detected 99.7% of the malicious apps and got high marks in usability.
For more information on the growth of mobile malware, you can see the report on Trends 2013 ESET on the following link: http://blogs.protegerse.com/laboratorio/2012/12/19/top-5-de-tendencias-en-seguridad-informatica-y-privacidad-mas-importantes-para-2013/
To test ESET NOD32 Mobile Security for Android you can visit the website: