Good morning! We've separated the main news from the world of Science and Technology so you know everything that happened last Tuesday (06). To check each news item in full, simply click on the links below.
1. Scammers steal more than R$125 million from a company in a fake meeting generated by AI. The sophisticated deepfake scam targeted a financial sector employee at a multinational in Hong Kong.
2. Xbox Game Pass receives great game from Capcom and more! See list. The Xbox subscription service will receive a slate of new games in February, including Resident Evil 3 Remake, Madden NFL 24 and more.
3. Galaxy S24 arrives with new adaptive charging mode; see how it works. The Galaxy S24 feature promises to protect battery health, but without compromising the device's usability.
4. Copilot for Microsoft 365 is now available on Windows. The new feature allows you to communicate with Copilot with commercial data protection, but only for paying users.
5. Laser nuclear fusion experiment produced more energy than it consumed. After a peer review carried out by researchers who were not part of the study, it was confirmed that the laser nuclear fusion experiment produced more energy than it consumed.
6. Xiaomi 14 cell phone line already has a confirmed global launch date; look. Smartphone presentation date outside of China is the same as the start of MWC 2024.
7. Nintendo Switch became the best-selling console in history in Japan. With 33.34 million units, the Switch surpassed the record held by the Nintendo DS line!
8. Apple Vision Pro: YouTube goes back and launches app for the headset. Video platform is one of the headset's absences and, for now, it recommends using Safari.
9. Did Netflix win? Why are HBO Max and Paramount+ series on rivals? Some plots from HBO and Paramount+ reached Netflix, the most popular film and series platform in the world. Understand how the 'streaming war' is going.
10. Mystery of swamp mummies may have been solved. A forgotten tradition? Researchers explore the origin of swamp mummies.